Vaseline has been a popular beauty care product that you can find in almost all homes.
This more than 100 years’ old petroleum jelly-based product is perfect for many beauty uses. It is a mixture of mineral oils and natural waxes. It’s the first thing that comes to mind when dealing with chapped lips.
Here are 5 other unique uses of vaseline you might not have thought of:
1. Prevent messy manicures
Manicures are expensive when done at a salon, so doing it yourself in the comfort of your home is becoming popular. A monthly manicure helps keep your hands and nails healthy and beautiful.
But when done at home, manicures can be messy, as it becomes difficult to keep the nail polish from running over onto your cuticles.
Well, the next time you sit down to do a manicure, keep a jar of Vaseline handy. Petroleum jelly can help your manicures look more professional by preventing the nail polish from staining your skin.
- Dab some Vaseline along the base of your nails and the sides.
- Now, apply your favorite shade of nail polish.
- Allow the polish to dry completely.
- Once done, wipe off the petroleum jelly and the sloppy nail polish with a wet tissue.
2. Lengthens the Life of Perfume
To help your perfume scent last longer, use Vaseline. As Vaseline aids in keeping the skin moisturized, the fragrance will last longer than usual.
- Rub a little Vaseline on your pulse points, such as your wrists, neck, cleavage, behind the ears, armpits and so on.
- Spray your favorite perfume on the pulse points.
- Avoid rubbing the areas, as it will change the way your perfume smells due to friction.
3. Restores Shine to Leather Items
Your small jar of Vaseline can efficiently do the work of restoring shine or softness.
- Rub some Vaseline into the leather item.
- Wipe off the excess with a soft muslin cloth, and your leather item will look new again.
4. Remove Makeup
Makeup remover can be expensive and tough on your eyes. Vaseline is an inexpensive option that easily and gently removes eyeliner, mascara, shadow, and even the eyelash glue your falsies leave behind.
5. Maintain your razors
Keep your razors like new by smoothing a very thin layer of Vaseline onto the blades between uses. Make sure they’re completely dry first to prevent rust.